[Equest-users] DHW instantaneous

Joe Snider joe at sequil.com
Tue Nov 9 13:54:32 PST 2010

Hello,

I am trying to model an on-demand gas hot water with an efficiency factor of
.93 from the manufacturer (Rinnai). ASHRAE says to model the baseline
according to Table 7.8 which shows an Energy Factor of .62.  My .93 unit
should be showing significant improvement in the model in the domestic hot
water, but my baseline case (with the .62) is showing slightly LESS energy
usage than my design case with a .93??

My process was to select the gas instantaneous in the wizard for my design
case.  Create LEED baseline file.  Then adjust the Energy Factor in the LEED
baseline file.

Thank you,

Joe Snider

---