[Equest-users] Zoning Issue

Brian Fountain bfountain at greensim.com
Wed Nov 10 07:44:22 PST 2010

You will have to define the common wall as an "adiabatic" interior
partition -- no heat transfer and no solar load.  In the wizard you can
do this by clicking on the wall (in Shell screen 2 of the DD wizard) and
then selecting adiabatic.  In detailed mode you can also delete a
exterior wall and then create an interior partition of type adiabatic.
You could also simply delete the common wall -- this also has no solar
and no conduction load.  The only thing this does is decreases the
room's thermal mass slightly (not of significance likely).

There is no way to create and interior partition and to force the
temperature of the adjacent space -- you would have to create the "next
to" zone if you really want to model heat transfer between new and
existing.  Unless the occupancies are significantly different, the
impact of conduction across that wall is likely negligible.

Good luck.

BF