[Equest-users] complicated roofs

Jerry Jackson Jerry.Jackson at autodesk.com
Tue Nov 23 07:26:30 PST 2010

Hi Andy - our free BIM energy modeler, Vasari, can model complex roofs and send the geometry to eQuest via an .inp (DOE2.2 file) export.  Beyond roofs, I have found Vasari to be a highly capable "egg shell" energy modeling tool.

Vasari can take the place of the wizard and provide an energy model which can be shared more freely both upstream and downstream.

Please visit Vasari YouTube Channel for modeling tutorials:
http://youtu.be/HAryDgdhB1A - Vasari Advanced Skills: Drawing
http://youtu.be/KxyXV2csUn4 - Vasari Advanced Skills: Create Form Part 1.
http://youtu.be/3dWaViYiY_w - Vasari Advanced Skills: Work Planes

Autodesk Vasari Details
Price: Free
Download: http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/vasari/
Download Time: 2 - 4 minutes
Modeler: Geometric and Parametric
Exports: gbxml, .inp, idf, dwg, dxf, fbx, sat, dgn, rvt, pdf
Imports: dxf, dwg, dgn, .sat, .skp,
Kernel: Revit native format (rvt)

Autodesk Vasari Native Simulation
- DOE 2.2 Whole Building Simulation