[Equest-users] Window Comparison

Paul Diglio paul.diglio at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 8 18:58:08 PST 2010

Brett:

I took a quick look at your baseline model.  Your EUI (KBTU/FT2/Year in the BEPS
report is very high at 202.9.  If you go to Project & Site you can enter the QC
Reporting Climate Zone for CBECS Comparison.  I chose the under 2000 CCD and
fewer than 4000 HDD.  I do not know if this is correct.

After you run the simulation go to Tools then Quality Control Reporting.  The
end of the report states your model's EUI as compared to the CBECS.  Your model
consumes about double the energy use.  Your unmet hours are a little high.

I would try setting the throttling range from 3 to 6 degrees and change the
thermostats from 2 Position to Proportional in the Zone Parameters Basic
Specifications.  Also try entering a Control Zone for each air handling unit in
the Airside Basics tab.

Paul Diglio