[Equest-users] Space Polygons and Floor Polygons in Detail Edit Mode

Kelsey VanTassel KVanTassel at sustaineng.com
Wed Oct 13 12:06:24 PDT 2010

Hello eQUEST users,

I need to modify the geometry of my perimeter spaces in detailed edit mode (see attached PDF illustration). Is it all right to modify only the space polygons and not the floor polygon? Even if now some of the vertices of the space polygons lie outside the floor polygon? Does eQUEST use the area of the floor polygon for anything? Or is it ok as long as the sum of all the space areas is correct? All of the space polygons reference vertices on the floor polygon so if I go changing the floor polygon it messes everything up. Plus, I would need to delete vertices on the floor polygon in order to avoid overlapping vertices, but I can't since the space polygons reference some of those would-be deleted vertices. The model runs fine with the modified space polygons.

Thanks!

Kelsey Van Tassel
Mechanical Engineer | kvantassel at sustaineng.com<mailto:kvantassel at sustaineng.com>
608.836.4488 ext. 20 | Fax: 608.836.4477

Sustainable Engineering Group
901 Deming Way, Suite 201
Madison, WI 53717
www.sustaineng.com<http://www.sustaineng.com/>