[Equest-users] Modeling FC with DOAS and ERV

Chris Mullinax chris at mullinaxsolutions.com
Tue Oct 19 11:29:23 PDT 2010

I'm trying to model a 50,000 building which will use  a 4 pipe fan coil
system. There will be a separate DOAS using ERV and heating/cooling
coils to dehumidify and temper the outside air.  The outside air will be
provided to each space separately. This is the type of system often used
in hotels, so I'm sure someone has done the before.

I dug through the archives and see that others have suggested using an
induction to model this, but what does one do about the FC fan energy?

This is a LEED project, so I don't think I can just ignore it.(?)

So far I have two versions of my model, one with IU and one using FC and
separate DOAS. I don't think either are working correctly.

All hint tips, would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Chris D. Mullinax, P.E., LEED AP, CEM

Mullinax Solutions, Inc.

pn: 770-387-1334