[Equest-users] modeling w/ limited info?

Mike Diess mike.diess at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 08:19:18 PDT 2010

to: equest modelers
fr: Mike Diess

I am a novice equest modeler having only done 4 or 5 buildings w/ simple
mechanical systems.
My firm wants to branch out beyond HVAC systems designs. We want to work
with owners of existing buildings to analyze & offer energy use reduction
strategies to them. In this scenario our information might be limited & so
our study might be limited, as well. I find equest to be very comprehensive
& perhaps not suited to a study focused on one aspect of energy consumption
( say, lighting for example). Is equest an appropriate tool in this case, or
could anyone suggest a simpler tool for more limited applications?
I would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.
Thanks
Mike
--
Mike Diess, PE, LEED AP