[Equest-users] eQuest expert needed

Chris Toothaker crtooth2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 22 20:16:51 PDT 2010

Hello everyone,
We are seeking an experienced eQuest energy modeling expert to help analyze our
current proposed and baseline eQuest models, fix any compliance errors, evaluate
the project’s EA credit potential, and help with the submittal documentation
through LEED Online.
Our project consists of a newly constructed 17-level condo tower above a 2-level
parking garage located in the City of Monterrey, Mexico. The HVAC system for
each of the living units consists of a mini-split heat pump system with 3 zones
sharing an exterior condenser. The project was designed with sustainability in
mind: exterior walls with substantial R value, consideration for orientation and
window placement, as well as a partially vegetated roof, so we are hopeful that
the project will meet the 10% energy improvement over the baseline case.
The building geometry, orientation, window placements, HVAC & U-value inputs
have been already been modeled in eQuest to the best of our ability, but may
need further improvement and adjustments to meet the requirements of the EAp2
prerequisite. Other elements such as solar-powered exterior lighting, tankless
water heaters, and proper system input schedules will need to be correctly
addressed.  We will do our best to provide any missing data that may be
encountered in the process.
If you are interested and believe you may be able to provide us with your
services, please reply off-list to my email account below for more information
and we will make the model available for you to inspect and if possible,
determine a general hourly/ fixed rate and timeframe based on your initial
thoughts and evaluation of our current eQuest model. Attached you will find
several screenshots. Thank you for your attention and we hope to hear from you
soon.
Sincerely,
Chris Toothaker, Assoc. AIA
ctoothaker at simbiosislab.com