[Equest-users] Default Performance Curves

Clifford McDonald mcdonald.cliff at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 06:09:16 PDT 2010

Thanks for the help on this, but I'm still confused. Are you saying the form
of the equation is:

PLR = (PLR * (EIRcurrent / EIRfull) ) + (PLR * (EIRcurrent / EIRfull) )^2

?  Then, if the equipment has constant efficiency across the full load
range, the EIR/EIR term is one, and you get:

PLR = PLR + PLR^2, which doesn't make sense.

If the form is just:

PLR = PLR [ (EIR / EIR) + (EIR / EIR)^2, then this would mean that the
efficiency has to be constant (divide by PLR on both sides).

What am I missing here?