[Equest-users] Question on hourly profiles and building type

STEVE SAMENSKI steve at thespinnakergroupinc.com
Sat Oct 9 05:58:08 PDT 2010

Virginia ‹ my experience is that eQuest can be used to model just about any
type of building.  The only difference is how much leg work you¹re prepared
to do on your own.

All of the hourly profiles can be modified when you get to the detailed data
edit (as opposed to the Wizard edit) mode.  I believe I¹m like most eQuest
users in that I use the Wizard edit mode to create as much of the project as
I can (building geometry, the basics of the HVAC system) and then I leave it
to finish work in the detailed data edit mode.  You don¹t want to go back
and forth between the two modes, because the Wizard will overwrite any
changes you¹ve made in the detailed mode.

Good luck!

Steve Samenski, PE, LEED AP, BEMP
Vice President - Sustainable Technologies
The Spinnaker Group, Inc.
http://equest-diary.livejournal.com/