[Equest-users] VRV units

Carol Gardner cmg750 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 09:49:36 PDT 2010

Hi Sambhav,

I actually don't know (!) what TFA is but it sounds like it might be what I
call DOAS, dedicated outdoor air system. Is that right?

You can make your fan hours anything you want them to be. Just modify the
current fan schedule or create a new one and change all your fans to the new
schedule. Note that this system must be at the top of the systems list for
it to work properly. You can move it to the top by editing the .inp file.
Just open the .inp file in Word and scroll down to the HVAC Systems area,
close to the bottom, and cut and paste the TFA system so it's the first
system. Then just do a Save As or exit and you will have the change. Never
hit Save when you are in the .inp deck cause you will get all kinds of weird
data in it and won't be able to open it again.

I don't know of any reason that you couldn't do DCV, too, unless your system
type doesn't allow it.

Carol

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 1:21 AM, sambhav tiwari <tiwari.sambhav at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Equesters,
>                     In the PDF send for modelling VRV systems i had
> some dobuts it anyonecan clear it First why is it that we have to keep
> fan hrs 0 for all the hrs unoccupied as well as occupied, and this is
> one TFA system created which will supply fresh air to all the zones as
> MAU system among all. the system types in basic specification which
> system shall be selected for the MAU system which will act as TFA .
>
> Is DCV possible for such sytems(TFA)?
>
> I anxiously look forward for your response.
>
> Thanks
> Sambhav

Carol Gardner PE