[Equest-users] Schedule max / min humidity?

Peter Worley peter.worley at arup.com
Wed Sep 22 10:47:12 PDT 2010

Hi All,

Does anyone know a way to schedule maximum / minimum humidity limits? My set points vary based on the season (month).

I have tried defining an expression (switch statement, similar to an if-then statement) in the maximum and minimum humidity fields. However, I believe that this statement is only evaluated during the BDL build (one time, before the simulation run) and not hourly, during the simulation. As such, one value is selected (the switch default) and that value is used throughout the year.

My other thought is to create a global parameter (e.g. MAXHUM) that references a fraction schedule with the values changing per season, and use {#pa  ("MAXHUM")} as the expression for the max humidity. However, I can't find a way to accomplish this (if it's possible).

Any other ideas?

Regards,
Pete

Peter Worley
Mechanical Engineer

Arup
155 Avenue of the Americas  New York  NY  10013  USA
t +1 212 229 2669  d +1 212 897 1339
f +1 212 229 1056
www.arup.com