[Equest-users] Edit Windows Detailed Interface

Scott Meader smeaderequest at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 07:38:10 PDT 2010

I have recently inherited the task of finishing an eQuest model (and I have
never used eQuest) that someone else has started for LEED EAc1.  We have
received comments form the LEED reviewer, one being:

1. Windows and skylights for the Proposed Case were modeled with a U-value
of 0.32, which does not appear to account for the impact of the window
frames on the whole assembly as required by ASHRAE modeling protocol. Please
provide additional information to confirm that the framed assembly U-value
was used, or revise the model to reflect framed assembly U-values as shown
in ASHRAE 90.1-2004 Table A-8.2.

I have looked through the "Modeling Procedures Quick Reference Guide" and
while it states you can edit or add window types in detailed mode, it skips
over how to edit them.  Can anyone give me some direction on how to proceed?

Thanks for the help.

Scott