[Equest-users] Equest v3.64 - Plenum and Zones

Charles Land cland at geo-marine.com
Thu Sep 2 09:18:49 PDT 2010

Floor to ceiling height 6 inches?  The floor to floor height is the height of your floor.  Then the floor to ceiling height is the height of your conditioned space.  The plenum height is the your floor to floor minus your floor to ceiling.   Not only that if your shortening your building and not putting in your plenums wouldn't that decrease your solar load on the building.  True your plenum is unconditioned, but wouldn't part of that solar load into the plenum then transfer into your space.  And also if you are making your floor to floor height correct and then not entering a plenum wouldn't you then be conditioning a larger volume.