[Equest-users] Thoughts on EnerryPro Software

Mark Nieman MARKN at McKinstry.com
Fri Sep 10 08:56:13 PDT 2010

I tried using EnergyPro once and found it less flexible than eQUEST. EnergyPro does have the VRF curves available and is the easiest tool out of the box, but I found the scheduling was limited. In our case, we were modeling a change in use for a facility and had to consider different schedules. EnergyPro did not handle this well and wanted to use the same schedule in both cases. It turned out to be a deal breaker for our model and we ended up using a bin calculation that we could better control. If your system plays within the box that EnergyPro draws, you should be fine.

Mark Nieman, PE, CEM | McKinstry | Sr. Energy Engineer
d 206.832.8152 | m 206.510.4760 | f 206.832.8552
FOR THE LIFE OF YOUR BUILDING

From: equest-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org [mailto:equest-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org] On Behalf Of Paul Diglio
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2010 5:47 AM
To: Chris Mullinax; equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Subject: Re: [Equest-users] Thoughts on EnerryPro Software

Chris:

I am modeling a Mitsubishi VRF system in eQuest.  I called the factory and they put me in touch with their modeling expert.  He informed me that they provided the curves to EnergyPro for their systems, so if you use their product, you will be good to go.  Unfortunately, they have not developed the curves for eQuest.

Paul Diglio