[Equest-users] Common walls

STEVE SAMENSKI steve at thespinnakergroupinc.com
Fri Sep 17 05:48:22 PDT 2010

I agree with Bill: eQuest can figure out when two different shells share the
same wall.  If one wall is higher than the other, eQuest will create an
exterior wall surface on the higher wall while maintaining the interior or
adiabatic surface (I haven¹t looked at it too closely) on the shared portion
of the wall.  I find it helpful to be VERY careful in the Wizard input to
make sure you¹re choosing the same points / nodes.  A small error here seems
to confuse the program.

Steve Samenski, PE, LEED AP, BEMP
Vice President - Sustainable Technologies
The Spinnaker Group, Inc.
http://equest-diary.livejournal.com/
www.thespinnakergroupinc.com <http://www.thespinnakergroupinc.com>
Become the solution... Join the USGBC!