[Equest-users] DHW standby loss

Carol Gardner cmg750 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 07:07:41 PDT 2010

Seriously? They asked you about standby loss? Where is your gas storage
water heater located? If it's inside a conditioned space tell them you
didn't worry about it. Also, if it's wrapped with insulation, or even just
has insulation in the jacket, tell them it was negligible and you didn't
worry about it. They mustn't have much to do at GBIC!

Carol

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 6:42 AM, jacob goodman <jacobg at lseng.com> wrote:

>  I'm working on a review response for LEED and a question came up about how
> I calculated Standby Loss for the Gas storage water heater in my baseline
> building. For the model I left the default %/hr in the wizard screen. My
> question is what is this a % of and is there some way I could convert this
> into Btu/h to compare to the number calculated from ASHRAE 90.1 2004 Table
> 7.8 for the ANSI Z21.10.3 test procedure.
>
> Thank you all,
>
>  Jacob

Carol Gardner PE