[Equest-users] FW: Custom curves - Loop to Loop Heat Pump

Ana N. ananeddav at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 30 06:58:06 PDT 2010

Carol,

DOE22Vol2-Dictionary_47b, pages 220-221 indicate that only one curve should be used. That is why I tried creating only one curve. I assume we should create one curve EIR= t ( t evaporator leaving, t cond entering). It is relatively simple for the cooling mode. In the heating mode, the evaporator leaving temperature is actually the source fluid leaving temperature (manufacturers typically provide the data for the source fluid entering temperature), while the condenser entering temperature would be the load fluid entering temperature (manufactures typically provide the data for the load fluid leaving temperature). Do you agree with this rationale? Unfortunately, I do not like much the results I got.
DOE22Vol2-Dictionary says that curves should be normalized at the Eurovent rating condition, rather than ARI.

Thank you

Ana