[Equest-users] Modeling Windows: Center of Glass vs Assembly

Alex Krickx akrickx at seriousmaterials.com
Thu Sep 16 16:26:47 PDT 2010

I've had some looks, nothing too deep, but I don't think I've ever seen a reference to edge-of-glass (EOG) performance, only COG and frame conductance... And I would also guess that when looking at COG values of U-0.3 (typical double pane low-E) and frame value U-1 (TB aluminum) that the edge of glass performance is not that good and would noticeably affect building energy use.

I don't know of any way of taking this into account. One option would be to figure out the area-weighted average conductance of the COG and EOG (1 U-factor that takes both components into account), the problem is that in order to input that into eQUEST, you would need to do it as a "simplified input" which I know people on this list-serv dislike doing.

I can't think of another way to account for EOG performance.

Alex