[Equest-users] Occupant Gains

Carol Gardner cmg750 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 07:04:10 PDT 2010

I'm not sure how eQUEST distributes the activity areas it creates in the
Wizard but I do know it's something I don't spend a lot of time on if I have
the info myself. It's more for if you don't know.

When you are in DD edit add the info on the appropriate internal gains page,
an yes, ASHRAE is a good source for this info.

Regards,
Carol

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 11:40 AM, Gwen Murray <GMurray at smbw.com> wrote:

>  I am new to eQuest, but familiar with other energy simulation programs
> (i.e. TAS). I’m trying to figure out how to appropriate correct occupant
> gains into each zone. I started my model (7 shell mixed use office bldg)
> through the DD wizard. I entered the different activity areas for each shell
> and thought this would transfer to the detailed interface. Once I am in the
> detailed interface and view each zone’s property the various activities I
> originally chose are not accurately distributed. For instance, the first
> shell, which has 10 zones, was broken up into 5 different types of
> activities in the wizard. Once I enter the detailed interface every zone was
> lumped under one type of activity.
>

> Two questions:
>

> 1)      Why did the wizard input values not transfer to the detailed
> interface?
>
> 2)      If I manually change each zone’s occupant gains in the detailed
> interface, how do I determine the appropriate latent and sensible gains?
>  Should I look to ASHRAE for these values?
>

> Thanks.
>

> [image: smbw email signature template_gm]

Carol Gardner PE