[Equest-users] How to model part of a building?

Chris Swanson cswanson at rdfa.com
Wed Apr 6 07:15:22 PDT 2011

Hello all,

I'm looking for recommendations of how to model just one section of a
building in eQUEST.  Three sides are exterior walls, while the fourth is
connected to the rest of the building, and therefore next to a
conditioned space.  Would the best method be to just use two separate
shells (1 - the building "wing" I'm analyzing, 2 - the rest of the
building), although I'm only concerned with one of them?  Is there a
better way to do this?  I'm hoping someone can point me in the right
direction.

Thanks,

Chris Swanson, EI

Mechanical Design Engineer