[Equest-users] Waterside Free-cooling System

LI Xiao larry.leexiao at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 18:52:51 PDT 2011

Hi All,

I am recently working on the setting of the waterside free-cooling system in
a retail with large footage. The cooling load of the interior space in
winter is big and the outside temperature in winter is around 4C (39F),
large potential for water-side free-cooling.

In eQuest, I created a new chiller and set the type to "Water Economizer",
chose the same loops as the other chillers and installed individual pumps to
it. But the modelling result shown no energy saving.

I have no idea on how to control the system. Is there any important control
settings?

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

____________________________________