[Equest-users] Central Ground Source Heat Pump

Kris Raj kris_raj at rocketmail.com
Mon Apr 11 06:31:46 PDT 2011

Hello,

I am trying to simulate a ground source heat pump system where the ground loop
is attached to a central water source four pipe heat pump system. The heat pump
provides both chilled and hot water simultaneously to the air handling units in
the building as required.

The chiller type loop to loop heat pump serves my purpose well. However the
condenser loop of this system can only be connected to a lake/Well. I need to
connect this system to a closed ground loop which I am unable to do so.

The chiller type Heat Pump allows connection to the ground loop. But,
unfortunately this is only a two pipe system and does not allow simultaneous
heating and cooling.

Could any one one please advice me on how to model this.

raj