[Equest-users] Changing Weather File

Brian Goldsmith Brian.Goldsmith at atce.com
Tue Apr 12 08:31:35 PDT 2011

I have read various posts on how to change or reset your weather file, but I still can't fix my weather file for a model I am doing. The project is located in San Jose, CA. When I tell the model that, it retrieves the weather file for San Francisco, which has quite different weather from San Jose. They aren't even in the same California climate zone; SF is in 3 and San Jose is in 4. So I went on the eQUEST website and downloaded the .bin file for climate zone 4. I have been editing my file in detailed mode, so going back into the wizard isn't really a good option. I went into the site properties in detailed edit mode and tried to change the weather file name from "TMY2\SAN-FRCA.bin" (the file the program automatically downloaded from the DOE2 website) to CZ2\CZ04.bin (Climate zone 4 weather file stored in the default folder). When I ran the model, it just asked to download the SAN-FRCA.bin file again. So I set the City/Location to "undefined" and typed in "CZ2\CZ04.bin" into the weather file input and it still tried to retrieve the San Fran file from the website. It doesn't want to use any other file. I even changed my location to another state and it didnt change anything. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Brian Goldsmith, LEED(r) AP
Design Engineer
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CBF8EC.08B17910]
97 E. Brokaw Road, No 300