[Equest-users] Low emissivity fabric in ice rink

Justin Elkin jelkin at mreng.ca
Thu Apr 7 11:20:14 PDT 2011

I too have been modeling an Ice Rink and am implementing a low-e ceiling in
the arena as well. I have already entered a Ceiling Emissivity Ratio of 0.1,
however, this is showing no change in my results. I have tried to change the
low-e ceiling ratio to 0.95 in hopes to see a spike in the buildings energy
use but still no change occurs in the results. I have a sample ice rink file
which also implements a low-e ceiling and the results on that file do very
when I change the Ceiling Emissivity value. I try to compare my file to the
sample ice rink file but cannot see where mine differs. Am I missing
something when entering the Ceiling Emissivity Ratio? Is there more that
needs to be taken into account to have a low-e ceiling?

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Thank you;

  Justin Elkin, LEEDR Green Associate

  Mechanical Engineer-In-Training