[Equest-users] Where to find summary of overridden defaults etc.

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Wed Apr 20 09:36:01 PDT 2011

Hi Mark,

For eQuest, I don't believe there is any reasonable way to tally
"default overrides."   For LEED submittals, I typically enter zeroes at
the corresponding template queries, and that's what I've suggested to
others for initial submittals.  I've heard others enter "9999" in all
fields without comment, but 0 seems less conspicuous to me =).

There's further discussion on this topic in the archives -
bookmark/favorite these links if you haven't already:

http://lists.onebuilding.org/pipermail/bldg-sim-onebuilding.org/

http://lists.onebuilding.org/pipermail/equest-users-onebuilding.org/

If a reviewer were to push me to come up with a figure without any
specific guidance after an initial submittal, I suppose I would paste
the .inp file into a word document, ctrl+f for instances of the text
".." without quotes, and explain that number represents an estimate of
the number of non-library entries in the project (screengrab):

I would probably wonder about the reviewer somewhere along the way
too...  Anyone familiar with eQuest and LEED knows there's no way to
finish a 90.1-based model without a horde of non-default entries...  I'm
having difficulty guessing at how this figure could help an eQuest model
reviewer do their job properly.  Perhaps it's specific to other software
packages... Thoughts anyone?

To be clear, I'd sooner advise just entering 0's in lieu of jumping
through any unnecessary hoops.

~Nick

NICK CATON, E.I.T.

PROJECT ENGINEER