[Equest-users] Building Seperation

modeling at jeisenhart.com modeling at jeisenhart.com
Mon Aug 8 13:05:43 PDT 2011

Good Day All,

I'm wondering if anyone might have some support regarding a fairly basic
question that I can't seem to get closure.
I have a project that is two large new buildings connected by a
conditioned breezeway.  One building is proving to be more efficient when
compared to the baseline than the other.
Does ASHRAE 90.1-2007 or LEED-NC 2009 dictate whether or not to separate
such a structure into two buildings?  Is it the modeler’s choice?  I need
to know if it’s required to separate the two or if it’s not.
Both buildings are over 150k sqft so they should use the same baseline HVAC.

Best,
Jesse Eisenhart

(some tags to help people searching the posts after this response:
multiple buildings, breeze-way, breezeway, breeze way, campus, model)