[Equest-users] LEED 2.2 IEQ 7.1 vs. EA prereq 2

Martz, Amanda amartz at klingstubbins.com
Tue Aug 9 08:31:08 PDT 2011

Hi,

I did an equest model based on ASHRAE 90.1 2007 for LEED 2.2 EA prereq
2. Another credit IEQ 7.1 states that the building needs to abide by
ASHRAE 55 which requires a 1 degree driftpoint. I modeled the building
having a 2 degree driftpoint in equest, and I think I will not meet the
unmet hours requirement if I switch it to 1 degree.

Is this even necessary? IEQ 7.1 does not state that I need an energy
model, and EA prereq 2 does not state that I have to meet ASHRAE 55. If
I put a 1 degree driftpoint into equest it's going to go crazy.

Thanks!

Amanda E. Martz, EIT, LEED AP

Mechanical Engineer

KlingStubbins