[Equest-users] Footprint and zoning question

Aaron Powers caaronpowers at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 14:13:17 PDT 2011

Ben,

You will have to create a separate "shell" for each floor.  First, create
the first floor shell and populate all its fields.  Next, create a new shell
via the DD Wizard and chose to copy the first shell and inherit all its
components.  Specify that the new shell be directly above the first.  Now
you should have the same footprint pre-loaded from the first shell, and you
can now do a separate zoning for the second floor.

Aaron

Is it possible to make a multi-story shell where each floor has the same
footprint but completely different zoning? For example, I have an 8-story
building with underground parking, retail on the first floor, and
residential on 2-8. I don’t see any way to draw separate zones for each
floor in the wizard, and I don’t want to go through and delete zones
manually in detailed mode, if I can avoid it.****

** **

Any suggestions?****

** **