[Equest-users] evaporative coolers in equest

Patrick J. O'Leary, Jr. poleary1969 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 12:48:54 PDT 2011

are you trying to show the cooling benefit of the windows?  or just
comparing the evap cooler to a baseline packaged unit?

i've done this with fire stations, and been successful, but it is often
more in the ventilation savings from not running a compressor in the
evap system than the building envelopes themselves.  at least in my
experience.  there is also the trade off in the simulation though that
the evap cooler will have probably have a larger fan power (in reality)
than the baseline packaged unit.

and if a leed project don't forget the baseline outside air is the
minimum required, which will probably be lower than your evap even if it
is not a 100% outdoor air system.