[Equest-users] Thermal Storage - Load Management

Tim Johnson timj at ctagroup.com
Mon Aug 29 08:21:40 PDT 2011

I am modeling an ice storage system that we plan to charge overnight
with a couple chillers.  In eQUEST, this seems to work out alright
except the thermal storage is only discharged if the chillers cannot
meet the cooling load.  We plan to use the thermal storage as the first
stage of cooling.  Previous posts refer to the load management and
equipment controls for this, but it looks to me like you can only
specify chillers here.  I don't see anything for thermal storage.  Am I
missing something here?
Thanks,
Tim

Tim JohnsonCTA : PE, LEED AP  DIRECT: 208.577.5645 CTA, Inc. |
www.ctagroup.com1185 W. Grove St. – Boise, ID 83702P: 208.336.4900 – F:
208.343.3531