[Equest-users] infrared heater

mike steadman steadys at charter.net
Fri Feb 4 05:14:10 PST 2011

Hi to all,
I am doing an energy audit on a museum with a infrared heater that has the wrong combustion air ductwork(looks like a 4 or 6 inch dryer flex. going through a condition space.) Condensation caused.
I want to specify in my report the actual corrective measure and I looked through ASHRAE 90.1 2004 and could not find a section that talked specifically about that?
Could someone point me in the right direction?I spoke with my project manager who indicated the length of run and specific information from the equipment spec sheet determined size.
and I am wanting to recommend at least R6 insulated duct.

Thanks in advance.

Mike Steadman
Energy Manager(BPI)
ABI Mechanical