[Equest-users] Using Macros to Define Systems

supriya goel supriya_goel at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 14 21:24:00 PST 2011

Hello
I am trying to use input macros to define systems and then reference them using global parameters and symindex expression.
For instance, a global parameter could be used to define a system type, which could then be assigned to the different zones and using parametric runs several different systems could be compared. However, I would need to use macros in the BDL file to define all other system components ( such as circulation loops, cooling tower, etc. for a regular VAV versus a packaged VAV system). I am not very clear on how to do this.
Has anyone done anything similar before or has an idea how to do the same?
I would appreciate any kind of input.
Thank you
RegardsSupriya
Graduate Student | LEED GAM.Sc. Built Environment, Arizona State University