[Equest-users] Curve Coefficients

Arpan Bakshi arpanbakshi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 14:16:08 PST 2011

John

You may have already looked over what the 2.1 manual has to offer as far as
explanation on this.

IV.71

H.  Calculate  the  cooling  part  load  ratio.

Some  central  systems  control  the  operation  of  the  central  cooling
 coil based  upon  temperature  signals  from  the  zone  thermostats
 (COOL-CONTROL  = WARMEST).  Other  central  systems  control  the
 operation  of  the  central cool ing  coil  based  upon  the  coil  exit
 air  temperature  (COOL-CONTROL  =  CONSTANT,  RESET,  or  SCHEDULED).  In
 the  latter  case,  the  controller  for the  cool ing  coil  has  a
 throttl ing  range.  As  the  temperature  of  the  air leaving  the  coil
 rises  and  falls  within  the  controller's  throttling  range, the
 controller  varies  the  operation  of  the  coil,  increasing  or
 decreasing the  output  of  the- coil.  The  action  of  the  controller
 must  be  simulated because  it  will  have  an  effect  on  the  coil
 surface  conditions  and  thus also  on moisture  removal  by  the  coil.
 Because  this  controller  responds to  the  temperature  of  the  air
 stream,  the  sensible  part  load  ratio  of  the coil  or  unit will  be
 calculated.  This  value  will  then  be  used  the  following  hour  to
 modify  the  coil  exit  air temperature  as  a  function  of  controller
 set  point,  coil  capacity,  and  controller  throttling  range
 (see DKTEMP  algorithm  description).

First,  the  program  calculates  the  total  and  sensible  cool ing
 equipment capacities  (QCT  and  QCS)

where

QCT  =  COOLING-CAPACITY  *  QCMl  (IV.178)

and

QCMl  =  CVAL(COOL-CAP-FT,EWB,EDB)  [COOL-CAP-FT  is  a  correction
function  to  the  total  cooling  capacity  to  adjust  for  off-rated
entering wet-bulb  and  entering  dry-bulb  temperatures]

and

QCS  = COOL-SH-CAP  * QCM2  {however,  for  direct  expansion  units,  QCS
 =
(COOL-SH-CAP  * QCM2)  +  [CONS{l)  * CFM  *  (1.0  - CBF)  *
(TM  - 80.0)]}

or

QCS  =  QCT,  whichever  is  smaller,

where

QCM2  = CVAL{COOL-SH-FT,EWB,EDB)  [COOL-SH-FT  is  a  correction  function,
similar  to  QCMl,  but  to  the  sensible  portion  of  the  total
cooling  capacity].

The  equipment  cooling  part  load  ratio  (PLRC)  and  the  sensible  part
 load
ratio  «PASTPLRC»  are  then  calculated,

PLRC  =  QC/QCT

and

<PASTPLRC>  = QC - QCLAT / QCS

For  direct  expansion  equipment,  the  electric  power  consumed  by  the
 heating
element  in  the  crankcase  is  calculated  as  CRANKCASE-HEAT  *  (1.0  -
PLRC).