[Equest-users] GBCI Review of VRV Heat Recovery in eQuest

Pasha Korber-Gonzalez pasha.pkconsulting at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 06:47:50 PST 2011

Hi Paul,

I completed a VRV system LEED submission last summer 2010 that was accepted
by LEED and achieved a LEED Gold certification with it.  I'll have to look
it up, but I think with the VRV mfg adjustment factors provided by Daikan I
was able to report/demonstrate 39% Energy Cost Savings over the baseline.

There are a few quirks about this model and project that I'd love to discuss
the details with you.  The first being that this was still a late-bloomer
V2.1 LEED project, so the baseline analysis was using 90.1-2001...but the
proposed showed the VRV System efficiencies fairly well from a "relative"
perspective and thus I was able to 'make-the-case' to the GBCI
reviewer(s)...

If it is true what you say that the utility or any other organization (i.e.
GBCI?)  is intending to dictate which sim programs are acceptable or have to
be used for these models, this will make it very difficult to support the
purpose of LEED in general and would put me out of business as an
independent simulator if I was forced to pay for sim programs that I can't
afford or really dont' even know how to use...I can see this being a very
bad industry situation in your market if that's the case....Am I sensing
"simulation discrimination"?    :)

Let's talk more if you want some of the finer details of my experience.

Cheers,
Pasha