[Equest-users] Existing Building Simulation - Envelope

Ömer Moltay omoltay at mimtarch.com
Thu Jan 20 10:33:45 PST 2011

Dear All,

If we are renovating an existing building, baseline envelope values are
the same as the existing building values. This is clear to me by now.

What if we are adding insulation to only the roof of the building? In
the proposed model, we show the added insulation. What becomes of the
baseline in this case? Is it still the existing condition prior to the
project, or do we have to insert the prescriptive envelope U values from
Tables 5.5-x?

Taking this further, should the altered roof with the new insulation
meet the minimum requirements of the prescriptive building envelope
section, meaning having the minimum U value from Tables 5.5-x?

Thank you for any replies,

Omer Moltay, LEED AP
Mimta

-----
Bu iletide virüs bulunmadı.
AVG tarafından kontrol edildi - www.avg.com
Sürüm: 10.0.1191 / Virüs Veritabanı: 1435/3392 - Sürüm Tarihi: 20.01.2011