[Equest-users] pool heating baseline system

Mirza Sajjal ms2995 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 14:19:36 PST 2011

Can anyone tell me what the baseline pool heating system should be if the
design calls for heat pumps? Per App. G Table G3.1.11 the requirement is
that the energy source be the same, in this case electricity. Can we model
the baseline as electric water heaters or should the system type (heat
pumps) also remain the same in the baseline since electric resistance pool
heating is unconventional? Theres a huge energy savings difference between
the two baselines and was wondering how others have modeled this in terms of
LEED.
Your opinion and insight is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance for any response.

Mirza