[Equest-users] DOAS in baseline

Susan F modelsenergy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 04:11:06 PST 2011

This is not exactly an eQUEST question but y'all have been so helpful in the
past so I'm hoping you can help here too.  I'm looking for a little
clarification.  It was my understanding if you had a DOAS system that heated
and cooled the outside air before delivering it to the floor mechanical room
to be combined with return air and further conditioned by the AHU in your
Proposed building that this system would NOT be modeled separately in the
Baseline.  I cannot find anything in 90.1 that would regulate the DOAS
system and I'm not sure how you would model it.  (I understand the dummy
zone concept for modeling DOAS but not sure that would apply to the
Baseline.)

Should it be separate system in the Baseline and would it be VAV or constant
volume?  And if it is a separate system what section of 90.1 would you
reference for this?

Thanks in advance.