[Equest-users] Cooling Coil Loads Lower than Cooling Space Loads

Morrison, Andrew amorrison at haleyaldrich.com
Fri Jan 28 07:43:29 PST 2011

Hi,

Hopefully you can help me make some sense of this. I'm a new eQuest user without a whole lot of experience, and I'm modeling an unorthodox building. The net HVAC cooling coil load in report SS-D is significantly smaller than the building space cooling load in report LS-D.

Some background: I'm modeling a geothermal retrofit of an apartment building which was built in the late 1940s and has a legacy radiator heating system served by a hot water boiler. The retrofit will replace the boiler with water-to-water heat pumps and the radiators with forced air hydronic heaters. My objective is to generate appropriate coil loads for the heat pump.

Thanks,

Drew Morrison
Engineer
Haley & Aldrich, Inc.