[Equest-users] pool heating baseline system

Mirza Sajjal Mirza.Sajjal at BuroHappold.com
Tue Jan 25 16:36:16 PST 2011

Pasha/Nick,

Thanks for the response.

I would assume pool space conditioning and pool water heating are not
process energy (?) as 90.1 defines process energy as:

"Energy consumed in support of a manufacturing, industrial, or
commercial process other than conditioning spaces and maintaining
comfort and amenities for the occupants of a building."

I did notice the baseline efficiency for heat pump pool heaters in table
7, but was trying to figure out if the system types had to be the same
in baseline and proposed since App. G mentions only energy source:
"Where the energy source is electricity, the heating method shall be
electric resistance."

Considering the savings are significant when using electric resistance
pool heating in the baseline, I want to prevent any issues I may
encounter during the LEED review process since the reviewer may have a
different interpretation/opinion.

Mirza