[Equest-users] Air Flow input_guidance

javed iqbal eee.javed at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 06:50:35 PDT 2011

Hi All,

            As a new equester, i have very basic questions on air side input
given as follows.

   - I have seen in most of the project in the zonal Basic specification tab
   we put minimum design flow 0.5 CFM/SF,  Outside/person is 20 CFM and if we
   have VAV then 0.3 for VAV. But ASHRAE 62.1 says that for office building it
   has to be 5 CFM/person + 0.06 CFM/Sqft. My doubt is why this difference is?
   what is the correct methodology for Air side input at zone level in proposed
   and baseline case?
   - What is the strategy for putting ACH in Air flow tab and outside air
   tab. How to do it correctly. One thing i have learnt from forum is that Zone
   level input overrides System level input.
   - Appndx G says the Ventilation rate should be same in proposed and
   baseline case so can i put ACH input in proposed and 20
   CFM/person/0.4CFM/Sqft in baseline?
   - Please suggest any reading material to get better understand above
   problems?

I will be highly thankful

*Javed Iqbal, LEED AP, CEA
Project Manager