[Equest-users] Fan Control - VSD Vs Constant Speed

anura perera perera.anura25 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 19:18:51 PDT 2011

Dear All,

I am modeling a chilled water system with no reheat. In the DD Wizard, Air
Side System Type (HVAC SYS DEFINITION Menu), I have selected system type as
single zone air handler cooling only with system per zone. In order to see
the impact of VSD against a Constant Speed fan, I have made simulation runs
selecting one at a time from the Fan Control Tab in the Air Side System
parameter menu of the Detailed Edit Mode. Of course I did not attempt to use
EEM mode. Suprisingly, the results are same inspite of a reasonable load
variation in the application. But when I use VAV in place of single zone air
handler which I selected at the begining, the results are significantly
different. I had expected some level of difference when I used VSD &
Constant Speed Fan control.

Thanks in adavnce for any clarification.

regards
Anura