[Equest-users] saving files from the wizards

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Thu Jul 7 07:30:43 PDT 2011

The prompt in your screengrab below is unrelated to save location… it’s basically cautioning that you will undo any post-wizard work if you “finish” or click ‘OK’ within the wizards.  You can alternatively click the red-X “close” button in the wizards if you are just checking something and want to go back to your post-wizard edits.

As to save location for each file – I personally use “save as” like any other file to keep my models where I can find them.  I also keep an ‘archive’ of finished past projects on a thumb drive for easy access using “save as.”  Note that the quantity and size of a project’s files grows quite a bit if you run simulations and work with the files after a “save as,”  so as a result I never work from my thumb drive directly.

If you want to navigate to where any project is located on your hard drive, open a project, and click Tools àView File Locations… à View Current/General Project directory.  There you’ll probably find all your past projects in one location.

~Nick

NICK CATON, P.E.

SENIOR ENGINEER

Smith & Boucher Engineers