[Equest-users] Flat part load curve for Chiller

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Fri Jul 8 06:52:52 PDT 2011

Sambhav and Praveen:

Recently I see both of you were asking about "flat" curves or curves
that would always return the same value (1.0) to be multiplied against
the modified input (EIR).

Trying to do this in the raw data method might be possible, but it might
not be either... the math involved in those regressions is something I
can only briefly comprehend in short bursts =).

What I can offer is - this sounds pretty simple if you define the
coefficients directly instead!

For example:

Bi-Quadratic:  Z = a + bX + cX2 + dY + eY2 + fXY

If you want the value returned to always equal 1.0, just choose
coefficients that make the variables X and Y not matter!

[b = c = d= e = f = 0], and set [a =1].

Does that help?

~Nick

NICK CATON, P.E.