[Equest-users] Problem of design flow rate autosize

Keith Swartz kswartz at ecw.org
Mon Jul 11 13:59:15 PDT 2011

Hello, Yu,

The difference may be due to eQUEST’S air density correction based on the elevation of your project location. The auto-calculated value is adjusted for the altitude. The air flow you enter is assumed to be at sea level (standard conditions). If this density correction calculation is causing the difference you see, then changing the elevation to 0 feet should get them to match.  To change the elevation, in the Detailed Interface click on “Project & Site” in the upper left, then in the Component Tree on the left side double-click on “Site Data” (4th one down from the top). The field for Altitude is near the middle of the Basic Specifications tab.

________________________________
Keith Swartz, P.E., LEED AP

Energy Engineer / Senior Project Manager
Energy Center of Wisconsin
455 Science Drive, Suite 200, Madison, WI 53711
Phone: 608.238.8276 x123
Fax: 608.238.0523

The Buildings Team
Design decisions through energy, economics and emissions analysis.
www.ecw.org/Buildings<http://www.ecw.org/Buildings>

Energy Center University
Your gateway to sustainable design training and online education programs.
www.ecw.org/university/<http://www.ecw.org/university/>