[Equest-users] baseline model HVAC equipment placing

Walson, Kristy kristy.walson at tlc-eng.com
Sat Jul 23 05:36:23 PDT 2011

Anura,

It depends on how large your building is and which version of ASHRAE
you're using. For ASHRAE 90.1-2004, the baseline should have one
system per thermal zone (even if you're proposed model is set up
differently). If you're in ASHRAE 90.1-2007, up to a certain size
building, it's still one system per thermal zone. After the threshold
size, you're supposed to do one system for each floor of the building.
I think the threshold size is 150,000 sq ft, but double check App.G to
be sure.

Kristy

Be Green!  Sent from my iPhone.