[Equest-users] URGENT: Window U-values: Total window assembly v/s Glass only

Brad Robinson brad.robinson at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 27 10:44:15 PDT 2011

Is the u-value listed for a manufacturer and specific model on the NRCAN website centre of glass or overall assembly?  Many windows are custom made to suit so I am unclear if each individual custom window would need to be tested.

In eQuest, when entering the window, if the u-value represents the whole window, including frame, do you need to enter a frame width, conductance etc as well under the Window Frame section under Window Properties?  Thanks.

Brad Robinson