[Equest-users] DHW Savings LEED NC 2.2

Tai Lieu tailieu at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 08:20:24 PDT 2011

Hello  All

We're being audited on the energy model for the dhw saving.  I'm just
wondering if this make sense and from your experience if it would be
acceptable to the LEED reviewer.

What I've done is taken numbers from ASHRAE Handbook HVAC Applications DHW
consumption per fixture for office use.
7.6 L / hr for lavatory fixtures

Showers, kitchen sinks, and Lavatory sinks.
Service sinks I'm not quite sure whether i should include all 5 service
sinks (one on each level) or just one sinks since there won't be any mopping
done since most of the building Under floor air distribution and i'll do a
write up of course to explain my reasoning.

I took the consumptions per fixture numbers multiplied by the amount of
fixture then by the demand factor given.

7.6 L/h x 55 # of fixtures x 0.3 demand factor

for each type i took the savings percentage based on each fixture. So
baseline is 2.5 and proposed case is .5 for lavatory fixtures

.5 proposed case  / 2.5 base case

So the proposed domestic hot water demand is 25.08 L / hr or 0.11 gpm.

The reviewer had asked for percentage of hot water vs cold water, and
temperature at the fixtures, i found that harder to substantiate.  So I
thought this process would be a lot better.

Tai Lieu