[Equest-users] Water Side Economizers

Patrick Keeney 38keeney at cardinalmail.cua.edu
Mon Jun 6 10:09:05 PDT 2011

Hi All,

What is the difference between a "water side economizer chiller" and a
"water side ecomizer," which you find under the air-side HVAC cooling
subtab?  What does each do for their respective systems?

I am trying to model a water-side economizer that runs in series with the
other chiller, so I am pretty sure that I want the "water-side economizer
chiller."  I just want to be sure because there is a substantial difference
between the two in energy savings (water-side ecomizer chiller is more
efficient).

Thanks,

Patrick

--