[Equest-users] Exceptional Calculation for drug manufacturing facility energy savings

Dana Etherington Dana.Etherington at crbusa.com
Wed Jun 29 13:46:40 PDT 2011

Modelers,

Has anyone performed an exceptional calculation to demonstrate energy savings in a drug manufacturing facility for EAc1? We are trying to demonstrate an improvement and savings by lowering the required classification of spaces.. I.E. changing from a Grade A space at 90 fpm requirements to Grade B, C, or D. This can reduce the air changes drastically. This of course reduces building loads and energy consumption dramatically, shrinks the HVAC equipment, and may even reduce the overall building footprint that is required.

Has anyone successfully done this for LEED? Maybe this also falls under the Innovative Category, for shrinking the building footprint? If anyone has any advice to offer, that would be great; example project, resource, website, etc.. This might fall under the realm of process load reduction..
Dana Etherington, E.I.T., LEED AP BD+C | CRB | One Kendall Square Ste B2202 | Cambridge, MA 02139
Main: 617-475-3050 | Direct: 617-475-3061 | Mobile: 617-583-3009 | Fax: 617-475-3052 | Ext: 6061
Email: dana.etherington at crbusa.com<mailto:carole.piscitelli at crbusa.com> | www.crbusa.com<http://www.crbusa.com/>